Warren Washington Association for Mental Health
is taking applications for the following position(s):
Director of Residential Services
WWAMH is currently looking to fill the position of Director of Residential Services. This individual will oversee operations at multiple program sites in Glens Falls and Hudson Falls, NY. Our residential programs are designed to offer different levels of support to a person in their efforts to achieve his/her highest level of well-being, while reducing costly hospitalizations by providing caring and skilled intervention in times of crisis. Services promote a person’s capabilities through companionship, education, counseling, vocational training, and respite, and the duration of each person’s stay is based on their individual needs.
WWAMH offers a comprehensive benefit package including healthcare benefits, retirement plan enrollment, and paid time off including holidays, vacation, personal and sick time. Salary based on qualifications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall leadership, oversight and management of the Agency’s residential programs and services and their innate complexities.
- Work collectively as part of the Agency’s Leadership Team as well as with individuals at all levels within the Agency.
- Assure ongoing compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Participate in the budget process and be accountable for financial aspects of the program.
- Review and maintain standards of program development and service delivery consistent with Agency mission, philosophies and policies (i.e. client centered philosophy, staff professionalism, etc.), as well as that of the mental/behavioral health and co-occurring disorders field of work.
- Ensure on-going oversight and assessment of programmatic needs, individual resident needs, proper utilization management, and both resident and staff satisfaction.
- Directly supervise Residential Program Coordinators and Assistant Director of Residential Development and Operations, and indirectly supervise residential direct care staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Assist with oversight of LPN services within all residential programs.
- Oversee the coordination of admissions, inter-program movement, and discharge for residents. Participate in admission meetings, treatment planning and discharge conferences as indicated.
- Ensure that all programs are adequately staffed and staff are provided with appropriate orientation and training.
- Ensure the highest level of quality in all program/service environments.
- Be available to meet with clients as needed.
- Be an active participant of internal Agency committees, such as Incident Review and Corporate Compliance, and serve on other committees as requested.
- Participate with other community agencies and services to ensure service coordination for residents.
- Prepare annual reports and other reports as requested.
- Special projects as assigned or developed.
- Masters’ degree in human services with a minimum of five years’ experience working in the mental health and/or co-occurring disorders field, preferably specific to residential services, three of which must include level management or supervisory experience. Two years additional experience with a Bachelors’ degree may be substituted for a masters’ degree.
- Valid NYS driver’s license acceptable to Agency insurance standards.
- Must be of good character and background and display an affinity for working with people with mental illness and/or co-occurring disorders.
- Must have the ability to work independently, have good problem solving skills and have the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Caleo Counseling Services, the outpatient clinic of WWAMH, is seeking a Psychotherapist to work with a diverse mental health population, including adults and children. LCSW is Required. Supervision for R is offered.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide psycho-social assessments including diagnosis goal focused treatment planning and referral for psychiatric evaluation and medication management when indicated.
- Provide designated services with clients in approved home and/ or community based setting(s).
- Provide therapeutic intervention on an ongoing basis with clients.
- Maintain a caseload of clients, complying with all state/federal regulations regarding documentation and billing.
- Collaboration and coordination of treatment with other service providers in community.
- Provide five day follow up hospital discharges with a timely appointment, which includes all aspects of assessment and treatment.
- Participate in weekly supervision and team meetings, as well as engage in ongoing continuing educations.
Clinical Mental Health Nurse (LPN)
Caleo Counseling Services, the outpatient clinic of WWAMH, is seeking a Clinic Mental Health Nurse to work with a diverse mental health population, including adults and children.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and operate the Clinic’s Psychotropic Medication Injection service for identified clients as needed.
- Assist with Telemedicine program at various designated community sites
- Coordination of Health Monitoring program
- Relies on experience and judgment and a certain degree of creativity and latitude to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks including administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, charting, etc., as necessary, and ensures the accuracy and completeness of clinical documentation.
- Will assist Nurse Practitioners with prior authorizations and phone calls to clients regarding medication issues
- Coordination of the Clozaril program
- Coordinate health education for staff and clients as necessary.
WWAMH offers a comprehensive benefit package including healthcare benefits, retirement plan enrollment, and paid time off including holidays, vacation, personal and sick time. Salary based on qualifications
Mental Health Residence Counselor (Part Time Relief)
Seeking individuals to provide supportive counseling using a psychiatric rehabilitation approach to adults in a residential treatment program. Individual must be well motivated and committed to making a difference in people’s lives. Good listening, writing and verbal skills required. Computer skills helpful. One year human services experience, Associates Degree preferred. All shifts available. Valid drivers’ license required.
Awake Overnight Counselor – on call
WWAMH is seeking individuals to work on an as needed basis, to monitor building and tenants in a residential program that houses adults with mental illnesses.Duties include, but not limited to, light housekeeping and maintenance of common areas, paperwork as needed, and to ensure the safety and security of the program.Individual must be dependable, well motivated and committed to making a difference in people’s lives. Good listening, writing and verbal skills required. Computer skills are helpful. Bachelor’s degree preferred but High School diploma and valid drivers’ license required. One year human services experience is helpful. This is an AWAKE position.
Please Send Resume and/or application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Warren Washington Association for Mental Health, Inc.
Attn: Nicole Casey, Director of Human Resources
3043 State Route 4
Hudson Falls, NY 12839
Warren Washington Association for Mental Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer